From João Ramos <joao.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error after creating hundred of views
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 00:15:23 GMT
Something is still not right. I increased the filedescriptors to 4096 and
the same thing keeps happening.

I restarted Couchdb, and used _stats to check how many filedescriptors were
open: about 10, so I proceeded in creating 1000 design docs and
the filedescriptors count went up to about 1000. I inserted another 1000
three more times and the count went up as excepted at around 4056. Then I
queried those views (each design docs has only one view) and everything was
fine. The 4000 queries were fast. To make sure I did them again and still
no problem. Then I tried to insert another 1000 designs docs and the error
started showing up. I couldn't use the database for anything anymore.

Then I decided to compact the database and the filedescriptors returned
back to about 10. So far so good, so I started querying 1000 views and the
count went up again. I managed to call up until 4000 different views until
the error reappeared.

Does Couchdb ever closes the filedescriptors? Does limit on the number
of filedescriptors somehow influences the maximum number of design docs /
views a database can have?