From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Numerical accuracy and precision
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:28:24 GMT
The built-in reduce functions are executed in erlang, which has arbitrary precision for integers
and 64-bit precision for floating point.

The JSON standard is notoriously poor around numbers but couchdb does as straight a translation
as possible.

The maximum integer possible in javascript without rounding is 2^53 (9,007,199,254,740,992).
This is a fair multiple of the world's GDP, for context.

I haven't seen a recommendation for a big integer library and there's a jira ticket (that
I raised) to include arbitrary precision math in couchdb as standard.

There are view servers available for both Python and Ruby.

B.