From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Cached temporary views
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:17:16 GMT
Hi,
> e.g. upload the same view code to multiple design documents

Should have been

e.g. upload the same view code to multiple databases

The view files are named as a hash of the view function, so if you have duplicate code you
just serve the same file to both.

Sorry about that, thanks Bob for nudging me.
Simon

On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 11:25, Simon Metson wrote:

> Hi,
> I think you'd be better off making fresh views (e.g. upload the same view code to multiple
design documents). The caching is a good thing (it saves you time and cpu!), I don't think
it can be turned off. It's also not a realistic test to have it disabled, you're not going
to run like that in production. You could rm the view file between tests, I suppose.

> A better test might be to have a view defined, insert N documents hit the view and time
the response, add another N docs, time the view, repeat etc. That way you can work out how
quickly your view builds for a given set of docs. There are some tools to generate fake data,
which is handy for this kind of test.