From Bernhard Schauer <bernhard.scha...@openforce.com>
Subject Re: Cached temporary views
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:28:12 GMT
thanks Simon. Then I'll go with adding a bunch of documents

Am 2012-07-05 15:17, schrieb Simon Metson:
> Hi,
>> e.g. upload the same view code to multiple design documents
>>

> Should have been
>
> e.g. upload the same view code to multiple databases
>
> The view files are named as a hash of the view function, so if you have duplicate code
you just serve the same file to both.

> Sorry about that, thanks Bob for nudging me.
> Simon
>

> On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 11:25, Simon Metson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I think you'd be better off making fresh views (e.g. upload the same view code to
multiple design documents). The caching is a good thing (it saves you time and cpu!), I don't
think it can be turned off. It's also not a realistic test to have it disabled, you're not
going to run like that in production. You could rm the view file between tests, I suppose.

>> A better test might be to have a view defined, insert N documents hit the view and
time the response, add another N docs, time the view, repeat etc. That way you can work out
how quickly your view builds for a given set of docs. There are some tools to generate fake
data, which is handy for this kind of test.