From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: checkpointing view update at seq
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:23:22 GMT
Hi Ian,
If you only want the view to apply to a single document (and will always only want it to apply
to that doc) you should probably use a show function instead - that lets you modify the document
server side.

A view build will index all documents that have been modified since the last build. If it's
a new view that means all the documents in the database. Once the index is completed it should
just process delta's.

If you need to pre-build the view, before putting it into production, you can build the index
with the design document named something like '_design/myapp_deploy' then, once complete,
upload the design doc to '_design/myapp' - this should then use the prebuilt index.

Hope that helps
Simon