From Andreas Kemkes <a5s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Filtered replication topologies
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:43:46 GMT
To speed up the process of breaking up one monolithic database into multiples, I used an intermediate
database to get to the end result:

M   -- pre-filtered replication -->  I  -- 1..n filtered replications -->  R1..n

Afterwards I tried to set up continuous filtered replications directly between M and R1..n.
 It seems that the replication algorithm runs through the entire file again and does not
take into account the last entry in Rx.

To make proper use of the existing state of the databases R1..n, does the continuous replication
have the same source (i.e., I instead of M)?

Is it possible to provide a topology agnostic implementation?

What would be my best course of action?

-- Andreas