From Luca Matteis <lmatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Best stack for querying spatial locations
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 03:59:51 GMT
Hello all,

I have a scenario where I'm working with a friend of mine that
maintains a bunch of spatial data in a MS Access database. I want to
put this data online, as a web-site, and allow people to query it
using an interface and a RESTful API. So I thought CouchDB + GeoCouch
would be perfect for this.

The issue is, how do I upload the MS Access data to my online Couch
instance? I want the process to be seamless - in the sense that my
friend will continue making modifications to his MS Access db, and
then he should "upload" it to the couch using some tool.

Do I need to write extra code to parse the MS Access into JSON and
then upload that to my couch? Or is there an easier way? Dunno, maybe
upload it the MS Access as an attachment and parse it with client side
JavaScript?

Also the MS Access is quite large: ~2gb

Thanks for any advice,

Luca