From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB log to Syslog
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:58:29 GMT
The best practice for logging an applications under Linux is to do it under
/var/log/<application_name>/ and CouchDB follows it (you just need to set
PREFIX option to / at configuration time). Combining CouchDB log with
webserver log with... in syslog may be a bad idea because of the following
reasons:
1. write access;
2. enormous size of the log;
3. difficulty in searching for specific errors.
These are but the main reasons I can see now. I am sure that if one sits on
it he/she can find more.

But if you still think of that idea, find in default.ini (or local.ini for
that matter) the log part:

[log]
file = /var/log/couchdb/couch.log
level = info
include_sasl = true

and you can redefine it to

file = /var/log/syslog

Force CouchDB to reload the initialization files or restart it and you have
CouchDB log thrown into your syslog.

CGS