From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb startup parameters
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:00:31 GMT
Hi,

The options are Erlang specific. Here are some short descriptions (they are
pretty much self-explanatory):

1. Erlang option "-noshell" specifies that no shell is attached to the
CouchDB application.
2. Erlang option "-noinput" specifies that once started, you cannot
interact with the application but only by the means of its design and
purpose.
3. Erlang option "-os_mon" specifies usage of operating system monitor for
hardware.
4. OS monitor option "start_memsup" refers to RAM usage supervision.
5. OS monitor option "start_cpu_sup" refers to CPU usage supervision.
6. OS monitor option "disk_space_check_interval" specifies how often the
harddisk must be polled for its space usage (in minutes).
7. OS monitor "disk_almost_full_threshold" rings the alarm when a certain
HDD usage threshold has been reached.
8. Erlang option "-sasl errlog_type error" specifies usage of SASL
(Simple Authentication and Security Layer) logging type set to error
(meaning, it will report only when errors will appear).

More info at:

1.
http://www.erlang.org/documentation/doc-5.1/lib/os_mon-1.5.0/doc/html/os_mon.html
2. http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html