From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Documents with 1000 revisions
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 22:25:44 GMT
On 2 June 2012 00:09, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2012, at 2:12 PM, Matthias Eck wrote:
>
>> I noticed that a very small number of documents in my database have
>> 1000 revisions, which somehow prevents them from being updated again.
>
> I'm pretty sure CouchDB doesn't have any limit on the number of revisions of a document.
Perhaps the API/library you're using to access it has a bug that breaks with 4-digit revision
numbers? What API are you using?

There is a per-DB limit, _revs_limit,
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_database_API.  Hopefully somebody
will can explain exactly the significance of this, wrt to replication,
stemming, compaction etc.

A+
Dave