From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: couchdb startup parameters
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:07:33 GMT
On 21 June 2012 15:35, Thomas Hommers <thomas.hommers@ebalu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am investigating a problem that my couchDB (1.2.0 on Debian Squeeze build with build-couchdb)
is constantly restarting.

> Along the way I found that it's started with the following parameters. Are there resources
anywhere what they mean, or could somebody explain?

> -noshell -noinput -os_mon start_memsup false start_cpu_sup false disk_space_check_interval
1 disk_almost_full_threshold 1 -sasl errlog_type error

> Thanks.
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It's all erlang gobbledegook. Typically by the time you know what they
are and where to find them, you won't need to know where to look in
the first place.

-noshell & -noinput prevent you from interacting with the erlang console
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html

-os_mon are all parameters about whether to start up a supervisor
hierarchy to monitor memory, cpu, disk etc in the vm and/or OS.
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/os_mon_app.html

For these types of things I like to run erlang interactively (dump the
-noshell -noinput crap) and launch couchdb -i, if thats on debian, and
pray for enlightenment when the error messages come past again.

A+
Dave