From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: local.ini settings not taking precedence
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 21:52:50 GMT
On 1 June 2012 22:56, Tim Tisdall <tisdall@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same config order as you.

Phew.

> It seems to have written the log level change to local.ini .  However, I'm
> not sure how to interpret that...  does that mean it's giving local.ini the
> highest precedence?

Yes.

> So, I looked at http://localhost:5984/_utils/config.html and it's now
> reporting
> socket_options  [{nodelay, true}]
>
> This is after I changed local.ini to have the value
> socket_option = [{keepalive, true}, {nodelay, true}]
>
> since both default and local.ini say keepalive is true, it seems odd that
> it's now dropped...

It looks as if local & default inis would merge the proplists, but
it's treated as a simple text replacement when read in local.ini.

Despite fiddling, the only thing I can think of is that maybe you
you've got your sections mis-matched. Can you check this with
curl & confirm?

dave@akai couchdb % curl $COUCH/_config/httpd/socket_options
"[{recbuf, 262144}, {sndbuf, 262144}, {nodelay, true}]"

NB editing the files directly will require restarting couchdb, using
the HTTP API does not.

A+
Dave