From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject limit on number of docs updated via _bulk_docs?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 03:07:47 GMT
Hopefully someone can give me an idea on this problem because I think
I've about exhausted ideas.

I'm doing a series of document updates fairly rapidly.  I was doing
the updates via PUT and was having no problems except for the DB file
size growing way too fast.  I changed things to update the database in
batches using _bulk_docs.  Now I seem to have a problem with
connections timing out to couchdb after about 11000 doc updates.  I've
tried different size batches from 5 to 500 docs but each time the
program dies with a connection time out after about the same number of
doc updates.

I thought it may be a problem with my code (it's in PHP, and that's
usually the problem ;) ), however I tried something that I think
negates that possibility.  I have the script running and stop it after
about 5000 updates, then manually restart the script again right away.
 The second time the script dies after about 6000 updates.  So, still
around 11000 updates over 2 different processes.

Any thoughts, guesses, things to try, or things to test?

-Tim