From Pulkit Singhal <pulkitsing...@gmail.com>
Subject Node.js client for CouchDB
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:21:29 GMT
Hello Folks,

What are some good node.js clients for communicating with CouchDB?

If you are having trouble understanding why I would even want one then just
imagine that the app will not sit as a design document inside CouchDB but
rather be elsewhere and simply talking to CouchDB via the node.js client.
Or imagine that I'm doing TDD test driven development where I want to flesh
out the user-stories and workflow as nothing more than 10 or 12 calls to
CouchDB. Now I COULD do this via curl but parsing the output from previous
JSON responses in a big test driven workflow is not exactly a joyous or
successful task for me to accomplish.

So far I've only found nano (https://github.com/dscape/nano) and I find
myself wondering why someone hasn't simply taken the javascript code that
runs Futon and dropped it into a node.js module? Has something like this
been done? Because that would (in my imaginary world) provide a full blown
client for use within node.js :)