From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: Adding vs replicating documents
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 04:15:23 GMT
>   so how do I keep it in synch with my hosted Couch instance

The obvious solution is to either manually use futon or to have a local
copy of couchdb and use the built-in replication.  So your program on your
local computer could either generate data you could manually update or it
could update your local couchdb.  I've already asked about futon.  So let
me ask, why can't you run a local couchdb?  It runs on windows, macs, and
linux.

To answer you original question, no, you cannot update over the net without
some way to link docs.  I can't imagine how any DB could do this.