From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB packaging for Ubuntu
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:06:29 GMT
A patch and/or a repo somewhere would be nice :)

On Jun 11, 2012, at 09:08 , CGS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I isolated the tests which are started with make check and make them run over the default
installation under Ubuntu 12.10. Please, let me know if it is what you need (there is a README
file in the archive).

> CGS
>

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM, till <klimpong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> [ CC'd user@ to get more feedback. ]
>
> I made some progress.
>
> I have builds for the following more or less ready:
>
>  * karmic
>  * lucid
>  * maverick
>  * oneiric
>  * natty
>  * precise
>
> It's building and I am trying to refine the process a bit. So it might break in between
[aka WIP]. I'm just adding this as a disclaimer.

> https://launchpad.net/~till-php/+archive/couchdb
>
> Would you mind testing my builds? :) So far, I only tested lucid briefly (and ran into
the xulrunner issue, which I think I have auto-fixed now). Besides I just started it up, created
a DB and entered some docs into it.

> (Also, @Jan:)
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to setup more automated testing. "make check" always requires
the source tree to be present, I'd like "make check" against my installed binaries. I saw
the "verify installation" in Futon – something like that for the command line so I can iterate
on these builds and trigger a "test this" in a continuous integration setup. Building is part
of it, but since building a binary and installing it are two separate steps I want to ensure
that the second step also works. I am still trying to wrap my head around a setup where I
can maybe knife up a few instances in THE CLOUD, install my package, run its test-suite and
confirm.