From Casey Marshall <casey.marsh...@memeo-inc.com>
Subject Authentication failures in 1.2.0
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 18:20:31 GMT
Hello!

In one of our testing systems, which uses CouchDB 1.2.0 as a self-contained testing server
in place of BigCouch, we see it very often get into a state where new requests get rejected
with a 401 Unauthorized error, even though the user credentials are correct. Restarting CouchDB
causes it to work again. Our testing regime does add new users constantly, and those users
are used to perform various tests.

I recall being told that this may have been a known bug with the "user cache", but I don't
have a link handy, and am curious if there is a workaround for this, hopefully other than
restarting CouchDB when we notice it is in this state.

Thanks!