From Rory Franklin <r...@chillibean.tv>
Subject Re: CouchDB Lucene Sorting query
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 11:15:19 GMT
Hi,

Turns out I'm just being a spanner and the reason nothing was changing was due to my first
field being a date, so there was no opportunity for the second sort field to affect the results.
Testing this with other fields works like a charm. Sorry for wasting your time!

Rory

On Friday, 4 May 2012 at 12:05, Robert Newson wrote:

> Hi Rory,
>
> Yes, it should be possible and you appear to be using correct syntax
> (assuming your sort parameter is actually reaching the couchdb-lucene
> server). What results are you getting? What version of couchdb-lucene
> are you using? If you try the query again and add &debug=true, you
> should get some more info. Feel free to include that in this thread.
>
> B.
>
> On 4 May 2012 11:59, Rory Franklin <rory@chillibean.tv (mailto:rory@chillibean.tv)>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to be able to sort on two fields on a CouchDB Lucene index, but the requirement
is to be able to sort ascending for one field and descending for the other. Is this possible?
I'm using the following syntax but it doesn't appear to make a difference when I change the
second sort direction: