From Martin Hewitt <>
Subject Re: Crash when loading view
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 13:54:47 GMT
Hi Robert,

Oddly, even though I can't read ERLang stack traces, I thought that might be the problem,
but, sadly, each node has 1.4TB of free disk space and has about 20GB of free memory.

We're using CentOS 6.2, Linux 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64 x86_64, the /opt/ partition is formatted
as ext4, CPU is Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz.

I can read the _changes feed without error.

On 28 May 2012, at 14:42, Robert Newson wrote:

> That looks like file corruption to me. CouchDB is attempting to walk
> the by_seq tree to update your new view and finds it cannot decode
> what it's reading from your database. What OS/filesystem/hardware is
> this? Have you previously run out of disk space on the machine in
> question? Anything else you can think that might be relevant?
> See if you can successfully read the _changes feed for that database.
> B.
> On 28 May 2012 14:27, Martin Hewitt <> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've built and processed a new view, but whenever I try and call it, I
>> get the following exception:
>> This is a new view, but it's an adaptation of an existing view which
>> works without error.
>> Not sure if it's a bug in my view or what, but any help would be
>> appreciated!
>> This bug happened on my BigCouch install, but I don't think it's a BigCouch error,
but I could be wrong.
>> I'm running BigCouch 0.4.0 and therefore CouchDB 1.1.1 (which I know is not current).
>> Thanks,
>> Martin

View raw message