From Stefan Kögl <>
Subject Re: view_duplicated_id on CouchDB 1.2
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 17:27:03 GMT

I just wanted to let you know that I had the same thing happen to me
again today: compaction of a view stops after 3.5MB (its data_size is
33GB) because of a duplicate.

Its again the same couch 1.2.0 instance and the same database, but a
different view this time. I've compacted the database with the 0-byte
trick after the last time, to get rid of potential duplicates there.
The view has been (initially) created after the 0-byte view
compaction. If I interpret that right, I'd say that there is still a
duplicates-related bug in 1.2.

Is there anything I can do to help track down the issue?

-- Stefan

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Stefan Kögl <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Compaction of one of my views stopped with the following error
> {"error":"view_duplicated_id","reason":"8c40fc1a160920a958b95e8d111aabb0"}
> (full log at The view
> and underlying database have been built and compacted with CouchDB
> 1.2.
> As discussed with dch in IRC yesterday, I'm trying to fix the problem
> temporarily by making a whitespace change to one of the views in the
> group (to change its sig), upload it with another name and index it.
> After it is built, I'll copy it over the broken view. However the view
> rebuild takes a few days and I'm afraid I will run out of disk space
> in the meantime because of the growing view. Is there any other way to
> get rid of the duplicate in the view?
> Thanks,
> Stefan

View raw message