From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Latest Items in Categories
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 15:40:56 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a use case where youtube videos and other articles are placed
in lots of different categories and I am OK with building the various
views with the various sort combinations.

However, on the menu itself, beside each category I would like to list
last 5 videos or articles that have been posted into that category.
There are just over 100 subject related categories in addition to
potentially thousands of name based categories for people, places and
events.  So, how do I build a singular view that gives me last 5
entries, without having to visit "the latest videos" view for each of
the categories.

Two things that are coming to mind, neither one feels relaxed is
either to have a small batch job that every so often goes out and
builds an array of last 5 items for each category or even a _changes
process that builds it as it happens.

Regards,
Zdravko