From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: manipulating .couch files
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 08:05:13 GMT
On 17 May 2012 20:58, Tim Tisdall <tisdall@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to temporarily open the port for couchdb so I can access futon.
>  However, I have a large database already in there that I don't want
> accessible by the public.  If I temporarily move the database_name.couch
> file from the var/lib/couchdb/ directory and then move it back after allow
> me to hide the database?  I just want to make sure that I'm not missing
> something such that copying it back will result in it no longer working.
>
> -Tim

An easier solution is to access futon over localhost only and use ssh port
forwarding to get to it remotely.

But yes, you can move the couch file somewhere else temporarily without
damage. I would stop couch, move & restart couch in between as there will
still be a file handle open even if you rename it, if that's possible atm.

A+
Dave