From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Trouble building from source on CentOS 5.6
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 09:48:52 GMT
On 25 May 2012 10:59, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:

> Ah apologies read this to quickly your trying to build spikermonkey. I
> tried this to and had a similar set of issues so ended up just going with
> yum js-devel which I believe installs spidermonkey from the repo. When you
> do find an answer it would be good to know the solution.
>
> Also looks like this mailing list strips attachments, so if you'd still
> like it then let me know and I'll find somewhere to put it that's publicly
> accessible.

Hi Mike (Kember),

The wiki would be excellent - just add a page on
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installation

If you don't have a wiki access yet, just sign up, and pop onto IRC or
reply here to get your acct added to the contributors group. This is a pain
but has resulted in 0 spam since we turned that on.

@Michael (Parker) the issue appears to be that you have 2 SM installed, and
couchdb is ignoring the expected one and falling back to compiling with the
1.7.0 couchjs integration. If you can paste details from pkg-config,
config.log and output from configure somewhere convenient we might be able
to work out what's failing.

A+
Dave