From bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.br...@gmail.com>
Subject suggestions for how to reduce logs to extract search, nav info
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 08:15:21 GMT
Hi,

I have a bunch of logs in a db.

Search results are returned in document with a referrer field:

referrer: "/search?q=test"

when you go to an individual document you get

referrer: "/document/docid/1?q=test" (1 is the pagenumber)

each db document also has fields named sessionid, user and timestamp
so it is possible to construct a (relatively)full picture of what
happened - for example in my application to show that a user id X
searched for test, and immediately after that went to document id Y...

What I would like is a map reduce whereby I could put searches and
documents together that are connected.

That is to say all document responses and searches that have the same
search query and the same sessionid are returned - probably in an
array.

so the emit would be something like: user,
["/search?q=test","/document/docid/1?q=test","/document/docid/2?q=test","/document/docid/4?q=test","/document/docid2/1?q=test"]

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen