From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject Why is the _id called id in the response from a put request?
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 10:16:59 GMT
I am using jquery.couch.js.
In a openDoc() the return key for the _id is named "_id".
In a saveDoc() the return key for the _id is named "id".
Looking in Firebug at the get and put requests that are beeing sent the
reason seems to be the answer of couchdb to a put
request: {"ok":true,"id":"181aa4dc7fd13af83aee8af90900675c","rev":"43-69c0afda410423339da0caf97dc9c994"}
This difference in naming does not seem to be a very relaxing feature and
it id the cause of a whole bunch of errors in my app.
Is there a reason why couchdb calls its DocId sometimes "_id" and other
times "id"?
Knowing this reason might help me prevent future errors...
Alex