From "Hankey, Chris" <Chris.Han...@Transamerica.com>
Subject RE: Call to View returns 405. It's using OPTIONS not GET
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 22:50:43 GMT
This is just some more info.  Where is "OPTIONS" coming from?  It looks like the view function
tries to use GET, but we end up with OPTIONS.

OPTIONS http://test:5984/forms/_design/formlist/_view/formlist HTTP/1.1
Host: test:5984
Connection: keep-alive
Access-Control-Request-Method: GET
Origin: null

-----Original Message-----
From: Hankey, Chris [mailto:Chris.Hankey@Transamerica.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 5:54 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Call to View returns 405. It's using OPTIONS not GET

I'm trying to call a view using the CouchDB Javascript API.  The $db.view call is failing
with a "405 Method Not Allowed" error.  $db.view is generating the correct URL, but the call
appears to be failing because the view function is using HTTP OPTIONS method ( or maybe JQuery).
 If I change the HTTP method to GET & manually send the HTTP request, then it works fine.
 I need $db.view to generate a GET.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chris

-----------
Sample Code
-----------

  $.couch.urlPrefix ="http://test:5984"
  $db = $.couch.db("forms");

  function GetFormList() {
   $("div#forms").empty();
   $db.view("formviews/formlist", {
    success: function(data) {
     for (i in data.rows) {
      id = data.rows[i].id;
      html = '<div class="form">' +
       '<span class="form">' + id + '</span> ' +
       '<a href="#" class="edit">edit</a> '+
       '<a href="#" class="delete">delete</a> '+
       '</div>';
      $("div#forms").append(html);
     }
   }});