From Gregor Martynus <gre...@martynus.net>
Subject per-user databases & collaboration problem
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 15:19:05 GMT
Hey everyone,

Imagine the following setup: 3 databases with 2 cont. replications:

"user/joe"
      || cont. replication (filtered)
      \/
"shared/123"
      || cont. replication
      \/
"user/sarah"

Joe (user/joe) is sharing a list of documents with an extra database (shared/123) and a filtered
replication. Sarah
(user/sarah) subscribed to the Joe's shared documents with another cont. replication.

So far, so awesome.

And now the Problem:

1. Sarah deletes Joe's documents and stops the replication.
2. Sarah changes her mind, she wants to have the documets back again
3. it doesn't work, because new revisions have been added for each deleted document, the shared
documents do not get replicated because of the conflicts.

And here I am, and don't see  a "couch way" to solve this problem. Neither do I see a simple
workaround.

Is there anything you can think of, to solve or work around this problem? Or is this kind
of "sharing" between user databases broken by design?

--
Gregor