From Aurélien Bénel <>
Subject Re: Am I doing something fundamentally wrong??!!
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 11:57:19 GMT
Hi Mike,

> Views (no reduce just maps): and

I'm a bit puzzled by the fact that your map functions use the document ID as their key. Map/Reduce
is really needed when you need to organize your data in a different way. Moreover, I wonder
how do you use those views. Do you send 100k requests? One for every document?

If you need only several reformatted document once in a while, you should use 'show' functions
instead. Then, you won't need to build views anymore. Your reformatted document will be computed
on the fly.

View raw message