From "RICHT, RYAN JERRY (AG/1005)" <ryan.jerry.ri...@monsanto.com>
Subject Re: Can't get to port 5984 from outside my box
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 23:56:22 GMT
A good trick is to set the bind address to:

0.0.0.0

And you should be able to hit it by a variety of methods.

ryan

On May 18, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Hankey, Chris wrote:

> I was able to set up a demo of CouchDB working very quickly, but it only works via localhost.
 How can I make the demo accessible to other users on my network?  I get a time out if I swap
my IP address for localhost in the URL.  I also tested via telnet & my boxes IP &
get a  "Could not open connection to the host, on port 5984: Connect failed" error.  IS this
CouchDB or my PC?  Windows Firewall is not enabled.

> Thanks
>
> Chris

to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such
code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations
of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations
issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you
are obligated to comply with all