From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Can't get to port 5984 from outside my box
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 00:40:07 GMT
I use linux, but I *think* you can solve your problem with the
following in the local.ini config file.

[httpd]
;port = 5984
bind_address = 0.0.0.0

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:48:23PM +0000, Hankey, Chris wrote:
> I was able to set up a demo of CouchDB working very quickly, but it only works via localhost.
 How can I make the demo accessible to other users on my network?  I get a time out if I swap
my IP address for localhost in the URL.  I also tested via telnet & my boxes IP &
get a  "Could not open connection to the host, on port 5984: Connect failed" error.  IS this
CouchDB or my PC?  Windows Firewall is not enabled.