From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: BigCouch & couchdb-lucene
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:51:11 GMT
Hi Robert,

No, you're right, this was on a lone BigCouch test node, I'll bring up a full cluster and
test again. I'm assuming I have to install and configure couchdb-lucene identically on all
nodes?

Martin

On 26 Apr 2012, at 22:39, Robert Newson wrote:

> I can reproduce it. You have not brought up a full cluster, right?
> Local docs don't have quorum, so the attempt to make _local/lucene
> gives a 202 but the subsequent GET is a 404. couchdb-lucene doesn't
> expect this (because it's nuts) and so you get  an NPE when the uuid
> is null when it 'cannot' be.
>
> Bringing up the full cluster and I can get search results against
> bigcouch 0.4. I also fixed a bug when resuming from a checkpoint.
>
> B.
>
> On 26 April 2012 21:03, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> If it's any use, I've put the consolidated BigCouch (log level = debug) and couchdb-lucene
output here:

>> https://gist.github.com/2502614
>>
>> Martin
>>

>> On 26 Apr 2012, at 19:04, Martin Hewitt wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> I've cleaned back, re-cloned and re-mvn'd, and I now get the following error
when loading a view:

>>> 2012-04-25 20:44:31,321 WARN [db1] Exiting after init() raised exception.
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.uuidDir(DatabaseIndexer.java:223)
>>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.viewDir(DatabaseIndexer.java:228)
>>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.viewDir(DatabaseIndexer.java:862)
>>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.init(DatabaseIndexer.java:805)
>>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.run(DatabaseIndexer.java:462)
>>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>>>
>>> Martin

up couchdb-lucene as part of it.

the requisite lines into default.ini.

the backedn (...:5986) port rather than the primary (...:5984) port, but I figured I could
deal with that, for now.

design doc from the README.md, with fields adjusted to match my documents