From Matthieu Rakotojaona <matthieu.rakotoja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for backing up CouchDB
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:20:13 GMT
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> Are there any access/locking/permissions issues that anyone's come across?

Dumb question : couldn't you backup your db directly with another
instance of couchdb via its replication API ?

While doing what you're asking might work, I believe this is not what
couchdb was built for. In fact, I see it more like what a 'dd' would
do, while a standard couchdb replication is more like a 'cp'. It is a
higher-level operation, but in the end, what you're interested in are
the documents.
--
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA