From Matthieu Rakotojaona <matthieu.rakotoja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for backing up CouchDB
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:33:54 GMT
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
> Good backup gives you the ability to go back to an older version of data.
>  Replication does not allow this.

Wouldn't a _changes feed provide you with the same kind of information
? Because rsync'ing the db file, only retrieving the diff from the
last time we checked it, looks a lot like getting
     _changes?since=N
with the drawbacks that you would have to store the
last_fetched_seqnum somewhere and that you couldn't compress it
directly.

Anyway, I didn't know that you could just copy the db files that
easily. Yet Another great feature !

--
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA