From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view_duplicated_id on CouchDB 1.2
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:19:18 GMT
Hi Stephan,

If I understood your problem correctly, you don't know if you will have
enough resources to build your view, so, you will run into the same problem
even if you rebuild your view from scratch. My solution to this problem
would be to split the database in several pieces and to create views for
each of them. In such way, you will build your views in parallel and if one
(or more) will fail due to the lack of space, you won't lose everything.
The drawback of such a solution is that you will have to write a code to
combine the views when the full process is done.

To answer your direct question, to my knowledge, you cannot avoid
rebuilding your view (that is, you cannot stop and continue later building
a view). I might be wrong though and even if you were able to do that, you
would run into the same problem unless you monitor closely your disk space.

I hope this answer will help you solving your problem. If my suggestion is
not what you are looking for, please, ignore it.

CGS