From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 08:46:25 GMT
Hi Joan,

Very interesting voting system, but there are few questions I would like to
address:
1. The vote is about comparing the priorities/importance which means (from
what I noticed the one time comparison is a randomly chosen cell in the
38x38 matrix less the main diagonal) 1406 answers. Even at half (say,
taking the upper part of the matrix) it means 703 answers. Isn't it a bit
too much? Wouldn't it be simpler to cast a mark for each key feature?
2. Let's say one wants to exhaust all the possibilities (that would be
really something!!!). No one can stay to answer 703 slides in one session
(that's for sure). But here comes another inconvenient I consider: your
votes are vanishing (reduced to 0) after a period of inactivity. Am I wrong
or one needs to cast her/his votes in one session (as many as she/he can)
and after that to stop?

Wouldn't it be easier a system soccer betting system: 1x2 (where "x" means
"I can't decide")? E.g., a form with tabulated data like this (with
pagination, of course):

1. "Partial updates of documents" vs. "Hide the _users database behind an
API"  <input type="radio" name="c1" value="1" /> <input type="radio"
name="c1" value="x" /> <input type="radio" name="c1" value="2" />

Just a 2c opinion.

CGS