incubator-couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.2 will not compile on CentOS 5
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:47:40 GMT
Can you paste me a copy of your config.log file somewhere after configure fails?

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Russell Jones <rjones@eggycrew.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am able to compile CouchDB 1.1 without an issue, but cannot compile 1.2 on
> the exact same server. Receiving the following error when attempting to
> compile:
>
> checking jsapi.h usability... no
> checking jsapi.h presence... no
> checking for jsapi.h... no
> checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
> checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
> checking for js/jsapi.h... no
> configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.
>
> Are the Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?
>
>
> The JS and JS-Devel packages are installed:
>
> Installed Packages
> Name       : js
> Arch       : i386
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 867 k
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : JavaScript interpreter and libraries
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: JavaScript is the Netscape-developed object scripting language
> used in millions
>           : of web pages and server applications worldwide. Netscape's
> JavaScript is a
>           : superset of the ECMA-262 Edition 3 (ECMAScript) standard
> scripting language,
>           : with only mild differences from the published standard.
>
> Name       : js
> Arch       : x86_64
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 911 k
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : JavaScript interpreter and libraries
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: JavaScript is the Netscape-developed object scripting language
> used in millions
>           : of web pages and server applications worldwide. Netscape's
> JavaScript is a
>           : superset of the ECMA-262 Edition 3 (ECMAScript) standard
> scripting language,
>           : with only mild differences from the published standard.
>
>
> Installed Packages
> Name       : js-devel
> Arch       : i386
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 1.7 M
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : Header files, libraries and development documentation for js
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: This package contains the header files, static libraries and
> development
>           : documentation for js. If you like to develop programs using js,
>           : you will need to install js-devel.
>
> Name       : js-devel
> Arch       : x86_64
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 1.9 M
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : Header files, libraries and development documentation for js
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: This package contains the header files, static libraries and
> development
>           : documentation for js. If you like to develop programs using js,
>           : you will need to install js-devel.
>
>
>
> It is my understanding that version 1.7 of SpiderMonkey is supposed to be
> acceptable. I saw that a similar error to this one was supposedly fixed in
> 1.2:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1426?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel
>
>
> What can I do to get CouchDB 1.2 to compile?
>
> Thanks!
>

Mime
View raw message