From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Running a dev instance of Couch
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:41:08 GMT
On 19 April 2012 20:57, Heather Airoldi <Heather.Airoldi@gordon.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the instructions Dave.  I followed your method on the Wiki, but unfortunately
it does not seem to be working for me.  running the "couchdb -i -a /tmp/couchdb/etc/couchdb/local.ini"
command after following the instructions says that Apache CouchDB is running, but when I try
to access localhost:5985 it can't connect.  Any idea what I did wrong?  Here is my new /tmp/couchdb/etc/couchdb/local.ini
file:

> ; CouchDB Configuration Settings
>
> ; Custom settings should be made in this file. They will override settings
> ; in default.ini, but unlike changes made to default.ini, this file won't be
> ; overwritten on server upgrade.
>
> [couchdb]
> ;max_document_size = 4294967296 ; bytes
> database_dir = /tmp/couchdb/var/lib/couchdb
> view_index_dir = /tmp/couchdb/var/lib/couchdb
> uri_file = /tmp/couchdb/var/run/couchdb/couch.uri
>
> [httpd]
> port = 5985
> bind_address = 0.0.0.0
> ; Options for the MochiWeb HTTP server.
> ;server_options = [{backlog, 128}, {acceptor_pool_size, 16}]
> ; For more socket options, consult Erlang's module 'inet' man page.
> ;socket_options = [{recbuf, 262144}, {sndbuf, 262144}, {nodelay, true}]
>
> ; Uncomment next line to trigger basic-auth popup on unauthorized requests.
> ;WWW-Authenticate = Basic realm="administrator"
>
> ; Uncomment next line to set the configuration modification whitelist. Only
> ; whitelisted values may be changed via the /_config URLs. To allow the admin
> ; to change this value over HTTP, remember to include {httpd,config_whitelist}
> ; itself. Excluding it from the list would require editing this file to update
> ; the whitelist.
> ;config_whitelist = [{httpd,config_whitelist}, {log,level}, {etc,etc}]
>
> [httpd_global_handlers]
> ;_google = {couch_httpd_proxy, handle_proxy_req, <<"http://www.google.com">>}
> "/tmp/couchdb/etc/couchdb/local.ini" 81L, 320
>
> Thanks,
> Heather

Do you have the [log] section too?

[log]
file = /tmp/couchdb/var/log/couchdb/couch.log

If you do IRC, pop on & ping me @dch if this isn't working still.

A+
Dave