From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test Suite fails
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:06:03 GMT
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've taken a different approach and now I have a working set of
>> Couchdb test.
>>
>> Basically I installed Couchdb 1.1.1 and confirmed that it was working
>> correctly. Then I downloaded Couch 1.2 and installed that over the top of
>> my Couchdb 1.2. I then ran the tests and they are now working.
>>
>> Two possibilities for the original issue seem to me:
>>
>> 1. It's a permissions issue as GCS suggest and the way I install 1.1.1
>> sets these correctly, but for the like of me I cant spot what they are!

My checklist is:
couch user has r/w to the equivalent of:
/var/lib/couchdb
/var/log/couchdb
/var/run/couchdb
/etc/couchdb

& obviously read to the binaries as well. The Mac install notes

>> 2. This approach does not change curl, Erl, etc and there some issue with
>> the later versions of these on Centos 5.8
>>
>> This approach suits my end goal i.e. I'm trying to upgrade anyway, so I'll
>> probably never get to the bottom of it.
>>
>> GCS thanks for the help.
>>
>> Mike

Hi Mike,

I'd rather we find a way to help you through this, the above approach is sure
to crap out on you in future in some subtle but critical fashion.

My guess is that your configure is really building against a different
spidermonkey
than what you are actually expecting.

Can you post the output from below, & resulting config.log somewhere?

    ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.5/include

NB the --with-js-trunk shouldn't be used unless you know what you are doing, it
bypasses the checks that the js you are building against is actually compatible
with couchdb.

If you point me to a suitable ISO I'll whip up a centos and take a look also.

A+
Dave