From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: how to debug a single PUT that is very slow?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 07:36:26 GMT
>   I'm guessing you have an app layer in front that's proxying through to
CouchDB.

I have proxying from nginx for thumbnail attachment reads but in this
situation they are rare.  Maybe 20 or 30 proxied reads total.  All other
activity comes straight from my node app.

>  nothing like this has ever been reported in the years I've been hacking
on CouchDB

I assumed that.  A problem like this would be fixed rapidly.  I know that
I'm doing something stupid or something no one has done before, which would
also be stupid.

>  I would hazard a guess that the assumed app layer has a concurrency bug.

If so, it would have to be hanging the http request somehow.  I'm
definitely making the request to Mikeal's `request` module at the time I
think and getting a response, but I don't have proof the http request is
making it to couch at that time.  I guess I'll drag out wireshark once
again (I hate doing that).

Thx.  You have gotten me going again.