From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BigCouch & couchdb-lucene
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:39:10 GMT
I can reproduce it. You have not brought up a full cluster, right?
Local docs don't have quorum, so the attempt to make _local/lucene
gives a 202 but the subsequent GET is a 404. couchdb-lucene doesn't
expect this (because it's nuts) and so you get  an NPE when the uuid
is null when it 'cannot' be.

Bringing up the full cluster and I can get search results against
bigcouch 0.4. I also fixed a bug when resuming from a checkpoint.

B.

On 26 April 2012 21:03, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> If it's any use, I've put the consolidated BigCouch (log level = debug) and couchdb-lucene
output here:

> https://gist.github.com/2502614
>
> Martin
>

> On 26 Apr 2012, at 19:04, Martin Hewitt wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> I've cleaned back, re-cloned and re-mvn'd, and I now get the following error when
>>
>> 2012-04-25 20:44:31,321 WARN [db1] Exiting after init() raised exception.
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.uuidDir(DatabaseIndexer.java:223)
>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.viewDir(DatabaseIndexer.java:228)
>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.viewDir(DatabaseIndexer.java:862)
>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.init(DatabaseIndexer.java:805)
>>       at com.github.rnewson.couchdb.lucene.DatabaseIndexer.run(DatabaseIndexer.java:462)
>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>>
>> Martin
>>

>> On 26 Apr 2012, at 17:40, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>>> Point 2 is fixed.

up couchdb-lucene as part of it.

requisite lines into default.ini.

backedn (...:5986) port rather than the primary (...:5984) port, but I figured I could deal
with that, for now.

doc from the README.md, with fields adjusted to match my documents