From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject RE: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test Suite fails
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:12:50 GMT
Output from 1.2.0.

./configure --enable-js-trunk

Is attached.

Spider Monkey appears to be the same on all my servers:

[kana@KCEngCI200 apache-couchdb-1.2.0]$ rpm -qa | grep js-dev
js-devel-1.70-8.el5

Thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Cottlehuber [mailto:dave@muse.net.nz]
Sent: 19 April 2012 19:42
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test
Suite fails

On 19 April 2012 19:07, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> "Nice"? I have to disagree. Overwriting an existing install with a new
> install code is very likely to go wrong. We've added modules, removed
> modules, so your overwrite will give you an unknown (and obviously
> unsupported) blend of old and new. Don't do this.
>
> I recommend you fix this first by stopping couchdb, uninstalling all
> but your databases and configuration files, and then installing 1.2.0
> again. Even better would be to use a package which would automate this
> but I don't think there's an RPM for 1.2.0 yet.
>
> B.

+1 to all of that.

>> I checked the permissions you listed and they match my couchdb 1.1.1 install, however
on both systems files under /etc/couchdb are owned by root, but are read accessible by everyone
and from the looks of them don't need to be writable by the couchdb user, unless that changed
in 1.2.0?

>> If I run ./configure without --with-js-trunk I get:
>>

>>> checking whether JSOPTION_ANONFUNFIX is declared... no
>>> configure: error: Your SpiderMonkey library is too new.
>>>
>>> NOTE: Check above for an error about NSPR
>>>
>>> Versions of SpiderMonkey after the js185-1.0.0 release remove the optional
>>> enforcement of preventing anonymous functions in a statement context. This
>>> will most likely break your existing JavaScript code as well as render all
>>> example code invalid.
>>>
>>> If you wish to ignore this error pass --enable-js-trunk to ./configure.

One would think this is pretty clear :-)

>> I got this on 1.1.1 also.

Can you post (full) output of ./configure script, and config.log?

I'm wondering how your hodge-podge of builds and binaries actually runs at all.

A+
Dave