From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject RE: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test Suite fails
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:40:55 GMT
Yep i've read and applied that and I still get the error when I run the test suite.

Thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Newson [mailto:rnewson@apache.org]
Sent: 19 April 2012 16:28
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test
Suite fails

Hi Mike,

The INSTALL.Unix file lists all the settings you need, and couchdb
does need write access to its configuration files. Adjust paths to
match your installation root.

    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/etc/couchdb
    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
    chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/run/couchdb

    chmod 0770 /usr/local/etc/couchdb
    chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
    chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
    chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/run/couchdb

B.

On 19 April 2012 16:18, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for following up.
>
> I checked the permissions you listed and they match my couchdb 1.1.1 install, however
on both systems files under /etc/couchdb are owned by root, but are read accessible by everyone
and from the looks of them don't need to be writable by the couchdb user, unless that changed
in 1.2.0?

> If I run ./configure without --with-js-trunk I get:
>

>> checking whether JSOPTION_ANONFUNFIX is declared... no
>> configure: error: Your SpiderMonkey library is too new.
>>
>> NOTE: Check above for an error about NSPR
>>
>> Versions of SpiderMonkey after the js185-1.0.0 release remove the optional
>> enforcement of preventing anonymous functions in a statement context. This
>> will most likely break your existing JavaScript code as well as render all
>> example code invalid.
>>
>> If you wish to ignore this error pass --enable-js-trunk to ./configure.
>
> I got this on 1.1.1 also.
>
> With regard to Centos ISO, that's one of the issues, I have no issue with Couchdb 1.2
on the Centos 5.8 images I built myself from ISO, but the ones I have an issue with are on
a hosted Virtualisation environment and provided to me so all I can provide is:

> [kana@KCEngCI200 apache-couchdb-1.2.0]$ uname -a
> Linux KCEngCI200 2.6.18.8-xenU #1 SMP Wed Feb 3 11:28:48 PST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
GNU/Linux
> [kana@KCEngCI200 apache-couchdb-1.2.0]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
> [kana@KCEngCI200 apache-couchdb-1.2.0]$
>
> I get them as Centos 5.3 images and then have to apply the Centos 5.8 updates myself
(don't ask!).

> Mike

Test Suite fails