From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject RE: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:07:46 GMT
Good on you for trying something different. I cast 100 votes and then figured that was enough.
If you want my top 5 then they are:

1. Chained Views
2. Richer Map Reduce
3. Simpler Query
4. Performance (high update low query/read) i.e. incremental map reduce
5. Documentation

We use CouchDB fro analytic, hence the bias above :-)

Keep up the good work

Thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Newson [mailto:rnewson@apache.org]
Sent: 14 April 2012 18:30
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Cc: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!

The feedback on the mailing lists, IRC and twitter has been very
helpful, thanks everyone for the responses!

I'm going to take this feedback and provide a condensed list of
features. I will write up each item on our wiki, then we'll reset the
poll so that more folks can vote knowledgeably on the features. I
suspect it'll be a couple of hours, so I'll post here when it's up.

Thanks!
B.

On 14 April 2012 17:30, Bob Dionne <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> I kind of agree, though I think voting is neat. I'd like to think most of these features
are influenced by experiences with users in addition to internal refactoring concerns and
so forth.

> It might help for everyone to see the list of features (here's a cleaned up version I
got from BobN) [1]. As Benoit suggests, we need to sort/categorize them first before attaching
priorities.

> One thing we might think of is the areas they might be grouped in, along the line of
teams as Jan suggested at the summit.

> I'm happy to maintain this list as we drill down into the specifics, summarize email
threads, and IRC chats. Some of these, .eg. moving metadata out of the docs, could easily
require a lot of detailed discussion as they hit many areas of the code, so we should flesh
out the details.

> It was great to meet everyone finally, I think we accomplished a whole lot. Thanks to
Cloudant, Bocoup, and others for hosting, beers, etc.. and a big thanks to Sam Bisbee and
Joan Touzet for detailed notes and general cat herding.