From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject RE: build-couchdb failing on Centos 5.8
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:57:18 GMT
I have installed Couchdb by hand (so to speak) and got the same error. I then tried running
erl and got the same error. So I cleaned out the existing install of Erlang, and then re-installed
Erlang using:

sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/epel-erlang.repo http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/peter/erlang/epel-erlang.repo

sudo yum install erlang R13B04 which is a lower version than the previous one (RB1404 I think,
but could be wrong) and Couchdb built and installed (by hand) successfully.

I'm going to create a new centos 5.8 VM and give it another go

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: CGS [mailto:cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 April 2012 16:30
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: build-couchdb failing on Centos 5.8

The crashing error is at line 1511: pthread/ethr_event.c:98: Fatal error in
wait__(): Function not implemented (38). I suppose missing header or
something. That if you don't consider the configuration warnings (not
finding dependencies which should be disabled at the configuration time if
not desired).

Considering also the above "choke me" command which should be "spit the
fish bone before you choke" (:D), I would say the gcc is the bad guy which
is missing some headers (from line 1015 on) or not properly installed.

I did not give a solution, but a hint where the problem may be. Hope that
will help.

CGS