incubator-couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Russell Jones <rjo...@eggycrew.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.2 will not compile on CentOS 5
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 21:06:56 GMT
Forgot to mention that this is the compile line that worked in 1.1, and 
does not work in 1.2:

./configure --enable-js-trunk --with-erlang=/usr/lib64/erlang/usr/include


I even tried the following with no luck:

./configure --enable-js-trunk 
--with-erlang=/usr/lib64/erlang/usr/include --with-js-lib=/usr/lib64 
--with-js-include=/usr/include


[root@server apache-couchdb-1.2.0]# locate jsapi.h
/usr/include/jsapi.h





On 4/9/2012 4:01 PM, Russell Jones wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am able to compile CouchDB 1.1 without an issue, but cannot compile 
> 1.2 on the exact same server. Receiving the following error when 
> attempting to compile:
>
> checking jsapi.h usability... no
> checking jsapi.h presence... no
> checking for jsapi.h... no
> checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
> checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
> checking for js/jsapi.h... no
> configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.
>
> Are the Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?
>
>
> The JS and JS-Devel packages are installed:
>
> Installed Packages
> Name       : js
> Arch       : i386
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 867 k
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : JavaScript interpreter and libraries
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: JavaScript is the Netscape-developed object scripting 
> language used in millions
>            : of web pages and server applications worldwide. 
> Netscape's JavaScript is a
>            : superset of the ECMA-262 Edition 3 (ECMAScript) standard 
> scripting language,
>            : with only mild differences from the published standard.
>
> Name       : js
> Arch       : x86_64
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 911 k
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : JavaScript interpreter and libraries
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: JavaScript is the Netscape-developed object scripting 
> language used in millions
>            : of web pages and server applications worldwide. 
> Netscape's JavaScript is a
>            : superset of the ECMA-262 Edition 3 (ECMAScript) standard 
> scripting language,
>            : with only mild differences from the published standard.
>
>
> Installed Packages
> Name       : js-devel
> Arch       : i386
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 1.7 M
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : Header files, libraries and development documentation for js
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: This package contains the header files, static libraries 
> and development
>            : documentation for js. If you like to develop programs 
> using js,
>            : you will need to install js-devel.
>
> Name       : js-devel
> Arch       : x86_64
> Version    : 1.70
> Release    : 8.el5
> Size       : 1.9 M
> Repo       : installed
> Summary    : Header files, libraries and development documentation for js
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> License    : GPLv2+
> Description: This package contains the header files, static libraries 
> and development
>            : documentation for js. If you like to develop programs 
> using js,
>            : you will need to install js-devel.
>
>
>
> It is my understanding that version 1.7 of SpiderMonkey is supposed to 
> be acceptable. I saw that a similar error to this one was supposedly 
> fixed in 1.2: 
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1426?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel
>
>
> What can I do to get CouchDB 1.2 to compile?
>
> Thanks!
>
>

Mime
View raw message