From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Configuring CouchDB/BigCouch for high-memory servers
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:34:15 GMT
Hi all,

We're building a BigCouch cluster with three nice, new servers with around 32GB of RAM. These
will be dedicated database servers, so all they'll do is run, compute and serve our CouchDB
backend.

Looking at them in production, however, they aren't using anywhere near the amount of RAM
there is available to them. Is this a conscious design decision - to keep everything on-disk
instead of in-memory?

Is there any way CouchDB can be configured in a "memory-hungry" mode? We're not bound by CPU,
and would quite like to see if we can unlock some performance gains by using in-memory instead
of on-disk data.

Thanks,

Martin