From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: BigCouch & couchdb-lucene
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:22:58 GMT
Ok, cool, that's fine, good, in fact, as it helps our resilience.

Thanks for all the help with this!

Martin

On 26 Apr 2012, at 23:04, Robert Newson wrote:

> If you want three copies of the index, yes. couchdb-lucene is not
> bigcouch-aware in the sense that it will shard/scale the same way
>
> On 26 April 2012 22:51, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> No, you're right, this was on a lone BigCouch test node, I'll bring up a full cluster
and test again. I'm assuming I have to install and configure couchdb-lucene identically on
all nodes?

>> Martin
>>
>> On 26 Apr 2012, at 22:39, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>>> I can reproduce it. You have not brought up a full cluster, right?
>>> Local docs don't have quorum, so the attempt to make _local/lucene
>>> gives a 202 but the subsequent GET is a 404. couchdb-lucene doesn't
>>> expect this (because it's nuts) and so you get  an NPE when the uuid
>>> is null when it 'cannot' be.
>>>
>>> Bringing up the full cluster and I can get search results against
>>> bigcouch 0.4. I also fixed a bug when resuming from a checkpoint.
>>>
>>> B.

on bringing up couchdb-lucene as part of it.

have added the requisite lines into default.ini.

it on the backedn (...:5986) port rather than the primary (...:5984) port, but I figured I
could deal with that, for now.

example design doc from the README.md, with fields adjusted to match my documents