From Bob Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: When will BigCouch be merged into Apache Couchdb?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:58:07 GMT
Hi Sean,

There are definitely some things to work out, and we've been very deliberate in thinking them
over carefully. Next week we're having a dev meeting in Boston and I'm hopeful one of the
deliverables from that meeting will be a more concrete design/plan for this integration.

Cheers,

Bob
On Apr 2, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Sean Copenhaver wrote:

> I do have some concerns over this. If I remember correctly there are a couple of API
incompatibilities.

> Will there be any compatibility issues?
>
> Is BigCouch going to be an optional clustering component/plugin piece?
>
> --
> Sean Copenhaver
>

> On Monday, April 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>
>> On Apr 2, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Mike Kimber wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone able to provide an ETA as to when BigCouch be merged into Apache Couchdb?
>>>
>>> Or if not provide any idea what the migration might be from BigCouch to the merged
code base?

>>> Juts trying to worm out if I should wait for the code merge or move to BigCouch
now.

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> Hi Mike, I'm afraid we're still firming up an ETA. I wouldn't anticipate any major
issues migrating from a BigCouch install to a future Apache CouchDB install incorporating
the BigCouch feature set. Regards,