From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: CouchDB, linux & clean shutdowns
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:41:58 GMT
Hi Robert,

I've just built the 1.2.x branch of the CouchDB git repo, and I'm getting the following version
line:

{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"1.3.0a-394a08a-git","vendor":{"version":"1.3.0a-394a08a-git","name":"The
Apache Software Foundation"}}

Should I be building from master?

Martin

On 25 Mar 2012, at 17:30, Robert Newson wrote:

> Since you're following 1.2.x already, I suggest building the latest
> 1.2.0 artifact that we're currently voting on. It at least will not
> delete views if it encounters an error, and it also logs those errors,
> so we'll have something more to go on if it recurs.
>
> B.
>
> On 25 March 2012 16:32, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Ooh, didn't spot that there was a fix, so that'd be without the fix.
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 25 Mar 2012, at 16:26, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> Is that with or without the fix for COUCHDB-1445?
>>>
>>> B.

started to rebuild from scratch.

view as it would be before the server was restarted, i.e. the view still exists as calculated
before the server was restarted and the rebuild began, but the _utils/status.html page shows
all views as rebuilding from scratch.

would produce a stack trace and not the view. Restarting the CouchDB instance restored the
view to working order.

problem with this view that led us to take the "nuclear option" and restart.

to shutdown CouchDB. It's designed

<martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> [...]
some time back.

git not so far a long
of 1.2.x branch?

as to whether there was something I could try before rebuilding the server.

I'm not 100%