From Jamie Talbot <>
Subject Re: Size of couchdb documents
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:38:29 GMT
So, just to understand, it's best to generate IDs in an encoding that
matches the collation order of CouchDB exactly?

I was using this:

though, as I now understand it, the following is better:

Is that correct?

I decided to go for Base 64 encoding, as you can do fast bitwise
encodes and decodes.  You can see a sample encoding/decoding class
that does this in PHP here:

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:31, Matthieu Rakotojaona
<> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Daniel Gonzalez <> wrote:
>> I have one more question. Is the alphabet I have shown above "ordered" for
>> couchdb?
> From the wiki (,
> your alphabet is not optimal. The link will explain better than me
> what would be the best choice for your alphabet =]
> --

View raw message